Newsletter article – Please see the short article at the bottom of this update and spread it around via any newsletter or social media you can think of.
$$$ Big money is available for you to replace lawn with native plants! The Conservation Assistance Program (CAP) can provide technical assistance and cost-share funds for storm water projects on private or common land. Click here for details. Must use Virginia native plants, of course!
October 14 Fairfax City Fall Festival – volunteers needed for a booth. 10 am - 5 pm. Tell everyone why native plants are so great. Please let us know if you can be there for any part of the time. firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers needed for Fairfax Invasive Management Areas (and for programs in every jurisdiction) – both for occasional grunt work and to be regular site leaders. For a list of invasive plant removal programs, click here.
Lots of other stuff going on – Volunteers with the Plant NOVA Natives partnership continue to spread the word via a myriad of channels. Feedback has been encouraging. There is a place for everyone in this campaign, so let us know if you want to help! email@example.com
· Paid Facebook ads – A little money goes a long way. Can you donate some to increase our reach?
· Monthly Steering Committee meetings and periodic teleconferences. All are welcome! Times are on our calendar.
· Hometown Habitat showings – can you arrange one?
· Educational events for adults – see our calendar.
· Outreach to children – there are many ways to get involved.
· Faith community outreach – can you help make the contacts?