Our latest article to share – At the bottom of this page, please see the short article about finding nature in our own yards, and share it as widely as possible.
Garden centers are open and brimming with native plants! Most of the garden centers have posted their steps to ensure social distancing. Let’s make this the best year ever for planting native plants!
- Nature by Design has curbside pickup, and plenty of same-day browsing appointments are always available. Just give them a ring.
- Earth Sangha is offering free delivery.
- Watermark Woods offers curbside pickup as well as browsing.
Each garden center has its own arrangement – check their websites. Our volunteers have been able to put our red Northern Virginia Native stickers on the native plants at many of them.
Sustainable Landscaping Solutions for Faith Communities videoconference – Sunday, June 14 2pm – 4:30 pm. Join us as we discuss how and why faith communities are using their places of worship to demonstrate stewardship of the Earth. Details and registration here.
Please share this announcement with anyone you know who attends a faith community.
Speakers bureau –We can speak to your group via videoconferencing. Topics include pollinator gardens, tree management, gardening for birds, conventional-but-environmentally-friendly landscaping and many more. Learn more here.
Two advocacy trainings from the Audubon Naturalist Society (there is a small fee)
· Couch Advocacy 101: How to Be an Environmental Advocate During a Pandemic Tuesday, April 28; 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM Learn how to advocate effectively for the environment and to take action on environmental issues while being physically distant from others as we battle this global pandemic.
· Conservation Advocacy 101 for HOAs and Condo Associations Thursday, May 14; 10am – 11:30am or Wednesday, June 17; 7pm – 8:30pm We can act locally in our own communities to create change. Lear how you can make a difference. You'll get a chance to think about your own community, begin developing your own action plan, and participate in breakout discussions.